Compare Hyundai Palisade vs Ford Edge – In the ever-evolving world of midsize SUVs, where style meets substance, the choices are abundant.
The 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge emerge as strong contenders, captivating the attention of those seeking comfort, performance, and innovation.
This comprehensive comparison dives deep into the facets that set these two vehicles apart, enabling you to make an informed decision that resonates with your preferences.
What’s the Difference Between Hyundai Palisade and Ford Edge?
The primary differences between the Hyundai Palisade and the Ford Edge lie in their design, interior space, and driving dynamics.
The Palisade focuses on a more refined and spacious interior, while the Edge offers a sportier appearance and handling.
Additionally, the Palisade tends to have a more extensive suite of safety features, but the specific differences can vary based on the chosen trim levels and options.
When it comes to choosing your ideal midsize SUV, pricing plays a crucial role in the decision-making process.
Let’s take a closer look at how the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge stack up in terms of pricing across their various trims.
– 2023 Hyundai Palisade Price
The 2023 Hyundai Palisade offers a range of trims to suit different preferences and budgets. Here’s a breakdown of the pricing for each trim:
- SE Trim: The base SE trim of the 2023 Hyundai Palisade starts at an inviting $36,245. This provides an entry point for families and individuals looking to experience the Palisade’s blend of comfort and utility.
- Calligraphy AWD: For those seeking the utmost in luxury and features, the loaded Calligraphy AWD trim is priced at $52,095. This top-tier trim offers an array of premium amenities and advanced technologies.
- XRT Trim: The 2023 Hyundai Palisade introduces a new XRT model, catering to adventure enthusiasts with a starting price of $41,545. This trim combines rugged styling elements with the Palisade’s signature comfort and versatility.
These pricing options reflect Hyundai’s commitment to providing a well-rounded selection of trims to cater to diverse consumer needs.
– 2023 Ford Edge Price
The 2023 Ford Edge boasts a lineup of trims, each offering a unique blend of features and performance. Let’s explore the pricing of each trim:
- SE Trim: The 2023 Ford Edge SE starts at $37,945, positioning itself as an accessible entry into the world of Ford Edge SUVs.
- SEL Trim: For those seeking additional features and amenities, the 2023 Ford Edge SEL comes with a starting price of $39,345, offering a step up in comfort and technology.
- ST-Line Trim: The sporty 2023 Ford Edge ST-Line is priced at $43,100, delivering a blend of athletic styling and performance-focused features.
- Titanium Trim: The 2023 Ford Edge Titanium, also starting at $43,100, emphasizes upscale touches and advanced technologies to enhance the driving experience.
- ST Trim: At the top end of the spectrum, the performance-oriented 2023 Ford Edge ST begins at $46,485, catering to enthusiasts who crave exhilarating power and handling.
With this tiered pricing structure, Ford provides a diverse range of options for individuals to find the Ford Edge model that best aligns with their preferences and requirements.
In conclusion, the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge present a compelling lineup of trims, catering to a wide range of budgets and desires.
Whether you’re looking for an entry-level option with the essentials or a fully loaded model with all the bells and whistles, these SUVs aim to provide something for everyone.
As you evaluate your choices, remember that each trim level comes with its own set of features, technologies, and performance attributes, making it easier for you to find the perfect midsize SUV that meets your needs and aspirations.
Read also: Ford Edge vs Hyundai Tucson
As the automotive landscape evolves with increasing environmental consciousness, fuel efficiency takes center stage in the considerations of discerning SUV shoppers.
Let’s delve into the fuel economy performance of the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge across their various configurations.
2023 Hyundai Palisade Fuel Economy
The 2023 Hyundai Palisade offers a range of fuel economy figures that cater to both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive options.
Here’s a breakdown of the Palisade’s fuel efficiency based on different drivetrain configurations:
Front-Wheel Drive (FWD): The Palisade with front-wheel drive achieves an EPA-rated 19 miles per gallon in the city and 26 miles per gallon on the highway, showcasing commendable efficiency for a midsize SUV.
All-Wheel Drive (AWD): Opting for all-wheel drive in the Palisade results in a fuel economy rating of 19 miles per gallon in the city and 24 miles per gallon on the highway.
During a real-world highway test, the all-wheel-drive Palisade SEL model attained 23 miles per gallon, slightly below its EPA-rated 24 miles per gallon.
These figures underline the Palisade’s commitment to delivering competitive fuel efficiency while catering to different driving conditions and preferences.
– 2023 Ford Edge Fuel Economy
The 2023 Ford Edge presents a diverse range of fuel economy ratings based on its different engine options and trim levels. Let’s explore the fuel efficiency performance of the Edge:
Four-Cylinder Models: The four-cylinder models of the 2023 Ford Edge showcase impressive fuel efficiency, earning an EPA rating of up to 21 miles per gallon in the city and 28 miles per gallon on the highway.
It’s important to note that certain four-cylinder configurations achieve 20 miles per gallon in the city. However, during a 75-mph fuel-economy test, the four-cylinder ST-Line model delivered a slightly lower 24 miles per gallon.
ST Model: The sporty ST model, equipped with a six-cylinder engine, achieves a fuel economy rating of 19 miles per gallon in the city and 25 miles per gallon on the highway.
Interestingly, during the same 75-mph fuel-economy test, the six-cylinder ST managed to match its EPA-estimated 25 miles per gallon.
These figures highlight the fuel economy prowess of the Ford Edge, showcasing its commitment to providing efficient performance across its various trims and engine choices.
In the ever-evolving pursuit of better fuel efficiency, both the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge offer a range of options that cater to the preferences of eco-conscious drivers.
Whether you prioritize city or highway efficiency, each model presents a lineup of engine and drivetrain configurations to align with your driving habits.
As you navigate the intricacies of fuel economy, these SUVs aim to deliver a balance between performance, comfort, and efficiency, ensuring that your driving experience is both enjoyable and environmentally responsible.
For detailed information, you can always refer to the EPA’s official website for the latest fuel economy ratings and data.
When it comes to choosing an SUV, understanding the dimensions can significantly impact your comfort and practicality.
Here’s a detailed comparison of the dimensions of the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge, allowing you to discern which one suits your lifestyle and needs.
– 2023 Hyundai Palisade Dimensions
The 2023 Hyundai Palisade presents a spacious and versatile interior that caters to both driver and passenger comfort, along with ample cargo capacity. Here are the dimensions of the Palisade:
|Overall Width (without mirrors)||77.8 inches|
|EPA Interior Volume||173.3 cubic feet|
|Cargo Capacity (All Seats in Place)||18.0 cubic feet|
|Maximum Cargo Capacity||86.4 cubic feet|
|Turning Circle||38.7 feet|
|Ground Clearance||7.9 inches|
|Curb Weight||4,389 pounds|
|Maximum Towing Capacity||5,000 pounds|
|Maximum Payload||1,482 pounds|
|Gross Weight||5,871 pounds|
Front Seat Dimensions:
|Front Head Room||39.3 inches|
|Front Leg Room||44.1 inches|
|Front Shoulder Room||61.2 inches|
|Front Hip Room||58.1 inches|
Rear Seat Dimensions:
|Rear Head Room||38.8 inches|
|Rear Leg Room||42.4 inches|
|Rear Shoulder Room||60.8 inches|
|Rear Hip Room||57.7 inches|
– 2023 Ford Edge Dimensions
The 2023 Ford Edge emphasizes a sleek and well-proportioned design, with dimensions that prioritize both interior space and maneuverability.
Here are the dimensions of the Edge:
|Overall Width (with mirrors)||85.8 inches|
|Overall Width (without mirrors)||75.9 inches|
|Cargo Capacity (All Seats in Place)||39.2 cubic feet|
|Maximum Cargo Capacity||73.4 cubic feet|
|Curb Weight||4,122 pounds|
|Maximum Towing Capacity||3,500 pounds|
Front Seat Dimensions:
|Front Head Room||40.2 inches|
|Front Leg Room||42.6 inches|
|Front Shoulder Room||60.3 inches|
|Front Hip Room||55.9 inches|
Rear Seat Dimensions:
|Rear Head Room||40.3 inches|
|Rear Leg Room||40.6 inches|
|Rear Shoulder Room||60.5 inches|
|Rear Hip Room||57.5 inches|
Understanding the dimensions of the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge can guide you in making a choice that aligns with your space requirements and preferences.
Whether you prioritize maximum cargo space, passenger comfort, or maneuverability, both these SUVs present options that cater to diverse needs.
By considering these dimensions alongside your daily activities and preferences, you can confidently select the SUV that enhances your driving experience and accommodates your lifestyle.
Read also: Hyundai Kona vs Mazda CX-30
Customizing your vehicle to reflect your personal style is a thrilling aspect of car ownership.
Let’s explore the captivating color options available for both the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge, ensuring that you can cruise the roads in a ride that resonates with your preferences.
– 2023 Hyundai Palisade Color Options
The 2023 Hyundai Palisade offers a palette of exterior colors that embrace modernity and elegance. Here are the options that allow you to express your individuality:
- Moonlight Cloud
- Sierra Burgundy
- Robust Emerald
- Steel Graphite
- Abyss Black Pearl
- Hyper White
- Typhoon Silver
The interior of the Palisade boasts luxurious options to enhance your driving experience. These choices reflect both comfort and sophistication:
- Black Premium Leather
- Navy/Beige Premium Leather
– 2023 Ford Edge Color Options
The 2023 Ford Edge presents a vibrant selection of exterior colors that capture attention and convey a sense of adventure:
- Forged Green Metallic
- Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
- Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
- Carbonized Gray Metallic
- Agate Black Metallic
- Star White Metallic Tri-Coat
- Atlas Blue Metallic
- Iconic Silver Metallic
- Oxford White
- Stone Blue Metallic
Ford Edge’s interiors offer a variety of colors that blend comfort and style seamlessly:
- Dune Leatherette
- Ebony Leatherette
- Ebony Premium Cloth
- Dune Premium Cloth
- Navy Pier with Orange Stitching Leatherette
In conclusion, the color options available for the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge amplify the personalization potential of these SUVs.
Whether you’re drawn to elegant neutrals, bold statement shades, or something in between, both models cater to your desire for a vehicle that aligns with your unique tastes.
These colors not only influence the aesthetics of your SUV but also contribute to your overall driving experience, making every journey a reflection of your individuality.
So, whether you prefer the refined hues of the Palisade or the spirited shades of the Edge, you can be sure that your choice will stand out on the road.
Safety remains a paramount concern for modern drivers, and both the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge prioritize the well-being of occupants through an array of advanced safety technologies.
Let’s delve into the safety features offered by these SUVs, providing you with the information you need to make an informed choice.
– 2023 Hyundai Palisade Safety Features
The 2023 Hyundai Palisade is equipped with a comprehensive suite of safety features, ensuring that you and your passengers are well-protected during every journey.
Here’s a glimpse of the safety technologies that the Palisade offers:
- Standard Automated Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection: This feature enhances your ability to avoid collisions by automatically applying the brakes if it detects a potential collision with a pedestrian or another vehicle.
- Standard Lane-Departure Warning with Lane-Keeping Assist: The Palisade helps you stay within your lane by providing alerts if you drift unintentionally. The lane-keeping assist system can even provide gentle steering inputs to help you remain centered.
- Standard Adaptive Cruise Control with Semi-Autonomous Driving Mode: This advanced cruise control system not only maintains a set speed but also adjusts the vehicle’s speed to maintain a safe following distance from the vehicle ahead.
– 2023 Ford Edge Safety Features
The 2023 Ford Edge equally prioritizes safety, offering a suite of features designed to enhance driver awareness and collision avoidance. Here’s an overview of the safety technologies provided by the Edge:
- Standard Automated Emergency Braking: The Edge’s automated emergency braking system detects potential collisions and can automatically apply the brakes to help prevent or mitigate the impact.
- Standard Lane-Departure Warning and Lane-Keeping Assist: These features work in tandem to keep you within your lane and alert you if you’re drifting out of it, providing added peace of mind.
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control: The Edge offers adaptive cruise control as an available feature, allowing you to maintain a safe following distance from the vehicle in front while cruising on the highway.
– Crash Test Results
Both the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge have undergone rigorous crash testing to assess their safety performance.
In conclusion, the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge are equipped with advanced safety features that enhance driver confidence and occupant protection.
From automated emergency braking to lane-keeping assist and adaptive cruise control, these SUVs prioritize your safety on the road.
As you consider your options, rest assured that both vehicles are committed to keeping you and your loved ones safe during every journey.
Read also: Ford Edge vs Hyundai Santa Fe
When you invest in a vehicle, having a comprehensive warranty provides you with peace of mind and reassurance.
Let’s delve into the warranty offerings of both the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge, allowing you to understand the coverage you can expect for your new SUV.
– 2023 Hyundai Palisade Warranty
The 2023 Hyundai Palisade is backed by a robust warranty package that demonstrates Hyundai’s commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Here’s a breakdown of the warranty coverage for the Palisade:
- Limited Warranty: The limited warranty covers the Palisade for five years or 60,000 miles, offering comprehensive coverage for a significant duration.
- Powertrain Warranty: Hyundai’s standout feature is its exceptional powertrain warranty, which covers the Palisade’s powertrain components for an impressive 10 years or 100,000 miles.
- Complimentary Maintenance: Hyundai goes a step further by offering complimentary scheduled maintenance, which covers the Palisade for three years or 36,000 miles. This benefit provides added convenience and cost savings for Palisade owners.
– 2023 Ford Edge Warranty
While the 2023 Ford Edge’s warranty coverage is in line with industry standards, it doesn’t boast the same standout features as the Hyundai Palisade. Here’s a look at the warranty coverage provided by Ford:
- Limited Warranty: The limited warranty for the Ford Edge spans three years or 36,000 miles, offering coverage for a standard duration.
- Powertrain Warranty: Ford offers a powertrain warranty that covers the Edge’s powertrain components for five years or 60,000 miles.
- Complimentary Maintenance: Unlike the Hyundai Palisade, the Ford Edge does not offer complimentary scheduled maintenance, meaning that routine maintenance costs are the responsibility of the owner.
In conclusion, when it comes to warranty coverage, the 2023 Hyundai Palisade clearly stands out, offering an exceptional powertrain warranty and complimentary maintenance that exceed industry norms.
Hyundai’s commitment to providing a worry-free ownership experience is evident through its extended coverage and added conveniences.
On the other hand, the 2023 Ford Edge offers standard warranty coverage that is in line with its competitors.
As you evaluate your options, keep in mind that the warranty package can significantly impact your ownership satisfaction and the long-term costs associated with your SUV.
The heart of a vehicle lies in its specifications, revealing the performance capabilities that define its character.
Let’s delve into the specifications of both the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge, providing insight into their powertrains, towing capacities, and more.
– 2023 Hyundai Palisade Specs
The 2023 Hyundai Palisade boasts a robust powertrain that provides a balance of performance and efficiency. Here’s a look at its specifications:
|Base Engine Size||3.8 liters|
|Base Engine Type||Gasoline|
|Transmission||8-speed shiftable automatic|
|Drive Type||All-wheel drive|
|Horsepower||291 horsepower at 6,000 rpm|
|Torque||262 lb-ft at 5,200 rpm|
|Cam Type||Double overhead cam (DOHC)|
|Max Towing Capacity||5,000 lbs.|
|Max Payload Capacity||1,482 lbs.|
– 2023 Ford Edge Specs
The 2023 Ford Edge offers a dynamic powertrain designed to deliver a spirited driving experience. Here’s a breakdown of its specifications:
|Base Engine Size||2.0 liters|
|Base Engine Type||Gasoline|
|Drive Type||All-wheel drive|
|Horsepower||250 horsepower at 5,500 rpm|
|Torque||280 lb-ft at 3,000 rpm|
|Cam Type||Double overhead cam (DOHC)|
|Max Towing Capacity||3,500 lbs.|
In conclusion, the specifications of the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge provide insight into the power, performance, and capabilities of these SUVs.
The Palisade’s V6 engine offers higher horsepower and towing capacity, making it suitable for those who prioritize more robust towing capabilities.
On the other hand, the Ford Edge’s inline 4-cylinder engine delivers a balance of power and efficiency, catering to drivers who appreciate a spirited yet fuel-conscious driving experience.
As you evaluate these specifications, consider your driving preferences and requirements to choose the SUV that aligns with your expectations and needs.
Read also: Nissan Rogue vs Ford Escape
The 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge are both considered to be reliable vehicles. However, the Palisade has a slightly better reliability rating.
This means that the Palisade is expected to have fewer problems over the course of its ownership than the Edge.
The Palisade also has a better warranty than the Edge. The Palisade comes with a 5-year/60,000-mile basic warranty and a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.
The Ford Edge comes with a 3-year/36,000-mile basic warranty and a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty.
So, if you’re looking for a reliable midsize SUV, the 2023 Hyundai Palisade is a good option. It has a slightly better reliability rating than the 2023 Ford Edge and it comes with a better warranty.
Here is a table comparing the reliability ratings of the two vehicles:
|Vehicle||J.D. Power Predicted Reliability Score||Warranty|
|2023 Hyundai Palisade||84||5-year/60,000-mile basic warranty, 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty|
|2023 Ford Edge||79||3-year/36,000-mile basic warranty, 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty|
Ultimately, the best way to decide which vehicle is right for you is to test drive both of them and see which one you prefer.
According to iSeeCars.com, the 2023 Hyundai Palisade is expected to retain 48.2% of its value after 5 years, while the 2023 Ford Edge is expected to retain 48.9% of its value.
This means that the Hyundai Palisade is expected to have a slightly better resale value than the Ford Edge.
Here is a table of the estimated 5-year depreciation rates for both models:
|Model||5-Year Depreciation Rate|
There are a few factors that contribute to a vehicle’s resale value, including its make, model, trim level, features, and condition. In general, luxury vehicles tend to hold their value better than non-luxury vehicles.
The Hyundai Palisade and Ford Edge are both considered midsize SUVs, but the Palisade is a luxury vehicle, while the Edge is not. This could be one reason why the Palisade is expected to have a slightly better resale value.
Another factor that can affect a vehicle’s resale value is its demand. The Hyundai Palisade is currently in high demand, while the Ford Edge is not. This is likely due to the fact that the Palisade is a newer model and offers more features than the Edge.
Ultimately, the best way to determine which vehicle will have the better resale value is to compare the actual prices of used vehicles of each model. You can do this by using a website like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds.
Here are some other factors to consider when choosing between the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge:
- Size and cargo space: The Palisade is larger than the Edge, both in terms of interior space and cargo space. This makes it a better choice for families or those who need to haul a lot of gear.
- Features: The Palisade comes standard with more features than the Edge, including a panoramic sunroof, heated front seats, and a power-adjustable driver’s seat.
- Performance: Both the Palisade and Edge offer a variety of engine options, but the Palisade has a higher towing capacity.
- Safety: Both the Palisade and Edge have received good safety ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Pros and Cons
Choosing the right SUV involves weighing the pros and cons to ensure that the vehicle aligns with your preferences and priorities.
Here’s a comprehensive look at the pros and cons of both the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge, allowing you to make an informed decision.
– 2023 Hyundai Palisade Pros and Cons
- Capable V6 Engine: The Palisade’s robust V6 engine delivers ample power and towing capabilities, making it suitable for various driving needs.
- Balanced Ride and Handling: The Palisade offers a comfortable and composed ride, coupled with responsive handling that enhances the overall driving experience.
- Lots of Passenger and Cargo Space: With its spacious interior, the Palisade accommodates both passengers and cargo with ease, making it an ideal family-friendly SUV.
- Long List of Standard Features: Hyundai equips the Palisade with an extensive array of standard features, ensuring that you enjoy a well-equipped and value-packed driving experience.
- Average Fuel Economy: While the Palisade offers impressive power, its fuel economy might not be as exceptional as some competitors in its segment.
– 2023 Ford Edge Pros and Cons
- Peppy Powertrain Options: The Ford Edge offers energetic powertrain options that provide a spirited driving experience, catering to those who appreciate responsive acceleration.
- Confident Handling: With its confident and composed handling, the Edge delivers a satisfying driving feel that’s especially enjoyable on winding roads.
- Spacious Seating in Both Rows: The Edge’s interior is designed to offer ample space for both front and rear passengers, ensuring comfort for everyone on board.
- Lots of Standard Features: Ford provides a generous list of standard features, enhancing the overall value of the Edge and making it well-equipped right from the start.
- Underwhelming Interior Quality: Some critics note that the interior materials and overall quality in the Ford Edge might not be as refined as those in some of its competitors.
- Excessive Reliance on Touch-Screen Controls: While touch-screen controls can offer convenience, the Edge’s reliance on them might be overwhelming for those who prefer physical buttons and knobs.
Understanding the pros and cons of the 2023 Hyundai Palisade and the 2023 Ford Edge allows you to match your priorities with the strengths of each SUV.
The Palisade excels in providing a capable V6 engine, a balanced ride, and an abundance of space, although its fuel economy might not be its standout feature.
Meanwhile, the Edge impresses with its peppy powertrain options, confident handling, and spacious seating, although some critics note the interior quality and touch-screen control concerns.
As you evaluate these factors, consider how they align with your driving preferences and lifestyle to make a choice that enhances your driving experience.
Which SUV is more fuel-efficient?
Both the Palisade and the Edge offer efficient engine options, but specific mileage may vary based on the chosen configuration.
Does the Palisade have more cargo space than the Edge?
Yes, the Palisade generally offers more cargo space, making it a practical choice for families and travelers.
Are these SUVs suitable for off-road adventures?
While they are not designed for extreme off-roading, both SUVs offer all-wheel-drive options that can handle light off-road conditions.
Do these vehicles come with a warranty?
Yes, both Hyundai and Ford offer standard warranties for their vehicles, covering various components for a certain period.
Are there hybrid or electric versions available?
As of now, there are no hybrid or electric versions of these SUVs for the 2023 model year.