Compare Volkswagen T Cross vs Ford Territory – The automotive industry has seen a significant shift towards SUVs and crossovers, with brands like Volkswagen and Ford leading the way.
Two popular models from these manufacturers are the Volkswagen T-Cross and Ford Territory. While both vehicles fall into the crossover category, they differ in terms of size, design, features, and performance.
In this article, we’ll take a detailed look at the differences between these two models to help you make an informed decision.
What is The Difference Between Volkswagen T-cross and Ford Territory?
While these two models share similarities in terms of size and features, they have several key differences that set them apart from each other. Here are some of the key differences to consider:
– Design and Exterior
The Volkswagen T-Cross and Ford Territory have distinct designs that set them apart from each other.
- Sleek and modern design with a sporty stance
- Dynamic grille with LED headlights and daytime running lights
- Bumper features a black panel that merges with the headlights
- Choice of 16-inch or 18-inch alloy wheels
- Signature T-Cross styling with optional contrasting roof
- Robust and muscular design with a bold stance
- Prominent grille with chrome inserts and LED headlights
- Sleek roofline with roof rails and rear spoiler
- Bumper features a silver skid plate that merges with the fog lights
- Choice of 17-inch or 18-inch alloy wheels
Read also: Volkswagen Tiguan vs Ford Escape
– Interior and Features
The interior of both vehicles is spacious and offers a range of features for comfort and convenience.
- Roomy cabin with ample headroom and legroom
- Infotainment system with an 8-inch touchscreen display
- Optional Beats sound system with 6 speakers and a subwoofer
- Climate control with pollen filter
- Heated front seats with lumbar support
- Spacious interior with comfortable seating for up to 7 passengers
- Infotainment system with a 10.1-inch touchscreen display
- B&O sound system with 10 speakers
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Heated and ventilated front seats with massage function
– Performance and Engine
Both the Volkswagen T-Cross and Ford Territory offer different engine options that cater to different driving styles.
- 1.0-liter TSI engine with 113 horsepower and 200 Nm of torque
- 1.5-liter TSI engine with 148 horsepower and 250 Nm of torque
- Front-wheel drive with a 6-speed manual or 7-speed DSG gearbox
- 0-60 mph in 10 seconds (1.0-liter) or 8.5 seconds (1.5-liter)
- Top speed of 120 mph (1.0-liter) or 124 mph (1.5-liter)
- 1.5-liter EcoBoost engine with 143 horsepower and 225 Nm of torque
- 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine with 217 horsepower and 360 Nm of torque
- Rear-wheel drive with a 6-speed automatic gearbox
- 0-60 mph in 10.2 seconds (1.5-liter) or 7.5 seconds (2.0-liter)
- Top speed of 118 mph (1.5-liter) or 124 mph (2.0-liter)
Read also: Volkswagen Atlas vs Ford Explorer
– Safety and Technology
Both vehicles come with a range of safety features and technology to ensure a safe and comfortable driving experience.
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane assist
- Front assist with pedestrian monitoring
- Blind spot monitor
- Rearview camera
- Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go function
- Lane departure warning and lane-keeping assist
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Blind spot monitoring
Read also: Volkswagen Arteon vs Audi A5
– Price and Value
The Volkswagen T-Cross and Ford Territory have different price points and offer different value propositions.
- Starting price of around $30,990
- Offers good value for money with a range of features
- More fuel-efficient than the Ford Territory
- Smaller size makes it more maneuverable in urban areas
- Starting price of around $30,360
- Offers more space and seating for up to 7 passengers
- More powerful engine options
- Better towing capacity than the Volkswagen T-Cross
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the equivalent of the Ford Territory?
In terms of size and features, the Ford Territory can be compared to the Ford Edge and the Ford Explorer. However, both the Edge and the Explorer are available in North America and Europe, while the Territory was mainly available in Australia and some other countries before it was reintroduced in China.
Is T-Cross worth buying?
The Volkswagen T-Cross is a great option for those who are looking for a compact SUV that is fuel-efficient, practical, and comes with a range of safety features. It has a comfortable interior, a spacious boot, and a decent engine lineup. However, it may not be the best option for those who are looking for a high-performance SUV or a spacious rear seat.
What is the difference between a TS and a TX Ford Territory?
In Australia, the Ford Territory was available in two variants, the TS and the TX. The TS had more features, including a premium audio system, rearview camera, and leather-trimmed steering wheel, while the TX had a simpler interior and fewer features. However, both variants had the same engine lineup and safety features.
Read also: Volkswagen Taos vs Audi Q3
What is the difference between a VW T-Cross and a T-Roc?
The Volkswagen T-Cross and the T-Roc are both compact SUVs that share some similarities, but there are some key differences between the two. Here are some of the differences:
- Size: The T-Cross is smaller than the T-Roc, making it more maneuverable in tight spaces and easier to park.
- Design: The T-Roc has a more sporty and aggressive design compared to the T-Cross, which has a more practical and functional design.
- Engine options: The T-Roc has a wider range of engine options, including a diesel engine, a hybrid engine, and a more powerful 2.0-liter turbocharged petrol engine.
- Price: The T-Roc is more expensive than the T-Cross, mainly because of its larger size and more powerful engine options.
Is Ford Territory a rebadged car?
The Ford Territory is not a rebadged car, but it does share some components with other Ford models, such as the Ford Falcon and the Ford Ranger. However, the Territory has its own unique design, features, and specifications.
Is Ford Territory an SUV or crossover?
The Ford Territory can be classified as a crossover SUV, as it combines the features of both an SUV and a sedan. It has a unibody construction and is built on a car platform, which gives it better handling and fuel efficiency than traditional SUVs.
Is Ford Territory good for long drives?
The Ford Territory is a comfortable and spacious SUV that is well-suited for long drives. It has a smooth ride, good suspension, and a range of features, such as cruise control and automatic headlights, that make driving more comfortable and convenient.
However, it may not be the best option for those who are looking for a high-performance SUV, as its engine options are more focused on efficiency than power.
In conclusion, the Volkswagen T Cross vs Ford Territory is a great choice for buyers looking for a crossover SUV.
While they share similarities in terms of size and features, they differ in design, engine options, and price.
Choosing between these two models ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. If you prioritize fuel efficiency, maneuverability, and affordability, the Volkswagen T-Cross is a great choice.
On the other hand, if you need more space, power, and towing capacity, the Ford Territory might be a better fit.
Ultimately, both vehicles offer a range of features and capabilities that make them great options in their respective segments.