Compare Ford Escape vs Hyundai Tucson – The compact SUV segment has seen a tremendous amount of growth and competition in recent years, with more and more automakers vying for a piece of the pie.
Two of the most popular offerings in this segment are the 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson. Both models have a lot to offer, but how do they compare to one another?
In this article, we’ll take a detailed look at the similarities and differences between the two SUVs.
What is The Main Difference Between Ford Escape and Hyundai Tucson?
At their core, the Ford Escape and the Hyundai Tucson are very similar vehicles. Both are compact SUVs that offer a comfortable ride, modern technology features, and plenty of safety equipment.
However, there are some key differences between the two, including:
- The Ford Escape offers a wider range of engine options, including hybrid and plug-in hybrid variants.
- The Hyundai Tucson is generally priced lower than the Ford Escape, making it a more affordable option.
- The Ford Escape has a more athletic driving experience, while the Hyundai Tucson offers a smoother ride.
When considering a new vehicle, pricing is often a significant factor that can sway a buyer’s decision.
Let’s take a closer look at the 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson, comparing their respective trim levels and prices to help you make an informed choice.
– 2020 Ford Escape Price
|Escape SE Sport (hybrid)||$29,530|
|Escape Titanium (hybrid)||$34,495|
- Escape S: The base model of the 2020 Ford Escape, starting at $25,980. Despite being the entry-level trim, it offers a range of standard features and represents a good value for budget-conscious buyers.
- Escape SE: Priced at $28,190, the Escape SE builds on the base model with additional features and options, making it an attractive choice for those seeking more amenities without a significant price jump.
- Escape SE Sport (hybrid): This hybrid variant comes with an MSRP of $29,530, offering eco-conscious drivers improved fuel efficiency while retaining the features of the SE trim.
- Escape SEL: At $30,350, the Escape SEL enhances the driving experience with added comfort and convenience features, catering to those who value a touch of luxury in their daily commute.
- Escape Titanium (hybrid): The Titanium trim, priced at $34,495, combines upscale features and the hybrid powertrain for a well-rounded driving experience that prioritizes both performance and efficiency.
- Escape Titanium: The top-tier non-hybrid model, starting at $37,780, boasts a plethora of premium features, making it a great option for those who desire the best in terms of comfort and technology.
– 2020 Hyundai Tucson Price
- Tucson E: The 2020 Hyundai Tucson’s base model starts at $24,690, offering a competitive starting price for those looking to enter the compact SUV market.
- Tucson SEL: Priced at $27,090, the SEL trim brings more advanced features and options, making it a compelling choice for buyers seeking a balance between affordability and amenities.
- Tucson Sport: At $29,240, the Sport trim emphasizes a sportier appearance and driving dynamics, catering to enthusiasts who desire a more engaging driving experience.
- Tucson Limited: With an MSRP of $30,390, the Limited trim enhances the Tucson’s luxury quotient with premium features and added comfort, ideal for those who prioritize refinement.
- Tucson Ultimate: The top-tier Tucson model starts at $33,040, offering the ultimate package of advanced technologies and luxury amenities, making it the go-to choice for drivers seeking a premium experience.
Read also: Ford Escape vs Chevy Equinox
Fuel economy is a crucial consideration for many car buyers, as it directly impacts long-term costs and environmental impact.
Let’s compare the fuel efficiency of the 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson, examining their respective engine options and how they fare in real-world testing.
– Ford Escape
Turbocharged 1.5-liter Three-Cylinder Model (Front-Wheel Drive):
According to EPA estimates, this configuration offers the highest fuel economy among non-hybrid Escape models, with ratings of 27 mpg city, 33 mpg highway, and 30 mpg combined. Opting for front-wheel drive enhances efficiency.
Turbocharged 1.5-liter Three-Cylinder Model (All-Wheel Drive):
Equipping the same three-cylinder engine with all-wheel drive results in slightly reduced fuel efficiency, with EPA-rated estimates of 26 mpg city, 31 mpg highway, and 28 mpg combined.
Turbocharged 2.0-liter Four-Cylinder Model (All-Wheel Drive):
The larger turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, paired with all-wheel drive, is rated for 23 mpg city, 31 mpg highway, and 26 mpg combined. In real-world testing, it managed to achieve an impressive 32-mpg on the highway.
Plug-In Hybrid Model:
For those prioritizing fuel efficiency, the plug-in hybrid model of the Ford Escape shines, offering an impressive EPA-rated fuel economy as high as 44 mpg city.
– Hyundai Tucson
2.4-liter Four-Cylinder Engine (All-Wheel Drive):
The 2020 Hyundai Tucson comes equipped with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, which, in all-wheel-drive configuration, is rated by the EPA at 26 mpg combined. This rating is considered average for the compact SUV segment.
In real-world testing conducted by experts, the 2020 Ford Escape’s fuel economy proved to be quite commendable.
The all-wheel-drive model equipped with the turbocharged 1.5-liter three-cylinder engine achieved an impressive 35 mpg during a 200-mile highway fuel-economy route.
Similarly, the larger turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine exceeded its EPA-rated highway fuel economy, managing 32 mpg during highway testing.
Comparatively, the 2020 Hyundai Tucson’s fuel economy matched its EPA rating of 26 mpg during real-world testing for an all-wheel-drive test vehicle powered by the 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine.
When considering a new SUV, understanding the dimensions is crucial to ensure it meets your needs for passenger comfort and cargo space.
Let’s compare the interior and exterior dimensions of the 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson to help you make an informed decision.
– 2020 Ford Escape
- Passenger Volume: The 2020 Ford Escape provides a spacious passenger volume of 104 cubic feet, ensuring ample room for occupants to travel comfortably.
- Front Head Room: The front headroom measures 40.0 inches, offering sufficient space for taller drivers and passengers.
- Rear Head Room: Rear passengers will also find comfortable headroom, with 39.3 inches available in the back seats.
- Front Leg Room: The front legroom measures 42.4 inches, providing plenty of space for even taller individuals to stretch their legs during long journeys.
- Rear Leg Room: Passengers in the rear seats will enjoy 40.7 inches of legroom, ensuring a comfortable experience for everyone on board.
- Cargo Space Behind Second Row (Seats Up/Down): The 2020 Ford Escape offers a versatile cargo area, providing 33.5 cubic feet of space with the second-row seats in an upright position. When the seats are folded down, the cargo space expands to an impressive 65.4 cubic feet, accommodating larger items with ease.
- Wheelbase: The wheelbase of the 2020 Ford Escape measures 106.7 inches, contributing to stable handling and a smoother ride.
- Length: The overall length of the 2020 Escape is 180.5 inches, making it compact enough for easy maneuverability in urban environments.
- Vehicle Height (Without Options): The height of the 2020 Ford Escape, without any optional features, is 66.1 inches, striking a balance between a commanding view of the road and easy entry and exit for passengers.
- Vehicle Width with Mirrors: Including the mirrors, the 2020 Ford Escape has a width of 85.6 inches, providing increased visibility and confidence while changing lanes.
- Vehicle Width without Mirrors: The width of the 2020 Ford Escape, excluding mirrors, is 74.1 inches, making it suitable for parking in narrower spaces.
- Vehicle Width with Mirrors Folded: With the mirrors folded, the width of the 2020 Ford Escape is 78.7 inches, further aiding parking in tight spots.
- Front Track: The front track width of the Escape measures 62.4 inches, contributing to stability and handling during cornering.
- Rear Track: The rear track width of the Escape is 61.8 inches, complementing the front track for balanced driving dynamics.
– 2020 Hyundai Tucson
- Cargo Volume: The 2020 Hyundai Tucson offers 31.0 cubic feet of cargo space, providing ample room for luggage and belongings.
- Head Room Front: Front passengers will have 39.6 inches of headroom, accommodating individuals of various heights.
- Head Room Rear: Rear passengers can enjoy 39.2 inches of headroom, ensuring comfort during extended journeys.
- Hip Room Front: The front hip room measures 55.6 inches, providing adequate space for a comfortable seating position.
- Hip Room Rear: Rear passengers will have 54.5 inches of hip room, allowing for a relaxed sitting posture.
- Shoulder Room Front: The 2020 Hyundai Tucson provides 57.1 inches of shoulder room in the front, offering generous space for passengers.
- Shoulder Room Rear: The rear shoulder room measures 55.5 inches, ensuring sufficient space for all passengers.
- Leg Room Front: Front legroom in the 2020 Tucson is 41.5 inches, accommodating even taller drivers and passengers.
- Leg Room Rear: Rear legroom measures 38.2 inches, providing a comfortable experience for rear-seat occupants.
- Interior Volume: The total interior volume of the 2020 Hyundai Tucson is 133.2 cubic feet, offering plenty of space for passengers and their belongings.
- Passenger Volume: The Tucson provides a passenger volume of 102.2 cubic feet, ensuring a spacious and comfortable ride for all.
- Length: The overall length of the 2020 Hyundai Tucson is 176.4 inches, making it slightly shorter than the Ford Escape.
- Width: The width of the 2020 Hyundai Tucson, including mirrors, is 72.8 inches, providing good visibility while maintaining a compact profile.
- Width without Mirrors: Excluding the mirrors, the width of the 2020 Tucson is 72.8 inches, offering easy maneuverability in tight spaces.
- Height: The 2020 Hyundai Tucson stands at 64.8 inches, providing a commanding view of the road while remaining easy to access for passengers.
- Wheelbase: The wheelbase of the 2020 Tucson measures 105.1 inches, contributing to stable handling and a smooth ride.
- Ground Clearance: The 2020 Tucson offers a ground clearance of 6.4 inches, providing ample clearance for various terrains and road conditions.
- Front Track: The front track width of the Tucson is 63.3 inches, contributing to stability during driving.
- Rear Track: The rear track width of the Tucson measures 63.8 inches, complementing the front track for balanced driving dynamics.
The interior colors of a vehicle play a significant role in creating a pleasant and inviting cabin space.
Let’s compare the available interior color options for the 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson to see the variety of choices they offer to suit different preferences.
Ford Escape Interior Colors:
- Sandstone: The Sandstone interior color option for the 2020 Ford Escape adds a touch of elegance to the cabin. This light and neutral color create a sense of openness and brightness, making it an excellent choice for those who prefer a clean and sophisticated interior.
- Ebony: The Ebony interior color option provides a classic and timeless look to the Ford Escape’s cabin. With its dark hue, the Ebony interior exudes a sense of luxury and modernity, making it a popular choice among buyers seeking a sleek and contemporary appearance.
- Dark Earth Gray: The Dark Earth Gray interior color option offers a stylish and refined look to the cabin. Combining darker shades with a hint of earthy tones, this interior option strikes a perfect balance between sophistication and a welcoming ambiance.
Hyundai Tucson Interior Colors:
- Black Cloth: The Black Cloth interior color option for the 2020 Hyundai Tucson presents a sporty and modern feel to the cabin. The black cloth upholstery adds a touch of elegance while being easy to maintain, making it an attractive choice for those seeking a practical and stylish interior.
- Gray Cloth: The Gray Cloth interior color option offers a contemporary and versatile look to Tucson’s cabin. With its neutral and understated tones, the Gray Cloth interior creates a soothing atmosphere, ideal for a comfortable and relaxing driving experience.
- Beige Leather: The Beige Leather interior color option exudes a sense of warmth and sophistication to Tucson’s cabin. The beige leather upholstery adds a touch of luxury, making it a popular choice for buyers who value a premium and upscale interior ambiance.
- Black Leather: The Black Leather interior color option offers a classic and refined look to Tucson’s cabin. With its sleek and elegant appearance, the black leather upholstery adds a sense of sophistication and complements the vehicle’s overall design.
The exterior color options of a vehicle play a significant role in expressing personal style and enhancing the overall look.
Let’s compare the available exterior color choices for the 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson to see the variety of options they offer to match individual preferences.
Ford Escape Exterior Colors:
- Dark Persian Green: This unique and deep green hue adds a touch of sophistication and distinction to the Ford Escape’s exterior, making it stand out on the road.
- Star White: The Star White exterior color option provides a clean and modern appearance, enhancing the Escape’s sleek and contemporary design.
- Desert Gold: With its warm and inviting tone, Desert Gold offers a touch of elegance and style to the Escape’s exterior, creating a harmonious and luxurious look.
- Velocity Blue: The bold and vibrant Velocity Blue adds a sporty and energetic feel to the Escape’s appearance, appealing to those who seek a dynamic and eye-catching color.
- Rapid Red: This striking and intense red color makes a bold statement on the road, exuding confidence and charisma for the Ford Escape.
- Oxford White: The classic and timeless Oxford White complements the Escape’s design with a clean and understated look, appealing to those who prefer a traditional and versatile color.
- Sedona Orange: With its rich and warm orange tone, Sedona Orange adds a touch of personality and flair to the Escape’s exterior, making it a popular choice for those seeking a distinctive color option.
- Ingot Silver: The sleek and modern Ingot Silver offers a sophisticated and refined appearance, enhancing the Escape’s design with a touch of elegance.
- Magnetic: This dark and stylish gray color complements the Escape’s design, exuding a sense of modernity and versatility on the road.
- Agate Black: The deep and commanding Agate Black adds a sense of boldness and strength to the Escape’s exterior, creating an assertive and powerful look.
Hyundai Tucson Exterior Colors:
- Aqua Blue: This refreshing and vibrant blue color adds a sense of energy and liveliness to Tucson’s exterior, making it an eye-catching choice for adventurous drivers.
- Black Noir Pearl: The sleek and elegant Black Noir Pearl offers a classic and refined appearance, enhancing Tucson’s design with a touch of luxury.
- Dusk Blue: With its serene and calming tone, Dusk Blue creates a soothing and peaceful look for Tucson’s exterior, appealing to those who value a relaxed and inviting appearance.
- Gemstone Red: This deep and rich red color exudes a sense of sophistication and allure, making Tucson’s exterior stand out with its striking and alluring hue.
- Magnetic Force: The Magnetic Force exterior color adds a modern and stylish touch to Tucson’s design, appealing to those seeking a contemporary and trendy appearance.
- Sage Brown: With its earthy and natural tone, Sage Brown provides a warm and inviting look for Tucson’s exterior, creating a harmonious and nature-inspired appearance.
- Stellar Silver: The sleek and versatile Stellar Silver enhances Tucson’s design with a touch of elegance and modernity, appealing to those who prefer a refined and understated color.
- White Cream: This soft and creamy white color adds a sense of sophistication and purity to Tucson’s exterior, making it a popular choice for those seeking a timeless and classic appearance.
- Winter White: The clean and bright Winter White provides a fresh and timeless look for Tucson’s exterior, enhancing its design with a sense of purity and simplicity.
Read also: Ford Escape vs Honda CRV
Safety is a top priority for many car buyers, and both the 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson offer advanced safety features to enhance driver and passenger protection.
Let’s compare the key safety features and recognitions of both vehicles to help you make an informed decision.
Ford Escape Safety Features:
The 2020 Ford Escape has received notable safety accolades, including a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and a Top Safety Pick award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Ford emphasizes safety by equipping every Escape model with its Co-Pilot360 suite of driver-assistance features as standard. Key safety features in the Co-Pilot360 package include:
- Standard Forward-Collision Warning with Automated Emergency Braking: This system alerts the driver to potential front-end collisions and can automatically apply the brakes to mitigate or avoid an impact.
- Standard Lane-Departure Warning with Lane-Keeping Assist: The Lane-Departure Warning alerts the driver if the vehicle unintentionally drifts out of its lane, and Lane-Keeping Assist gently steers the vehicle back into the correct lane.
- Standard Blind-Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: This feature helps detect vehicles in the blind spot and provides warnings when backing out of parking spaces or driveways.
Hyundai Tucson Safety Features:
The 2020 Hyundai Tucson also prioritizes safety and has earned favorable ratings from both the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Hyundai offers advanced driver-assistance features, which are newly standard on the 2020 Tucson. Key safety features include:
- Standard Automated Emergency Braking: The Tucson comes equipped with Automated Emergency Braking, which can apply the brakes if it detects an imminent collision.
- Standard Lane-Keeping Assist: This feature helps the driver maintain the vehicle’s position within the lane by providing gentle steering inputs.
- Optional Safety Features: In addition to the standard safety features, the 2020 Hyundai Tucson offers available Adaptive Cruise Control as an optional safety feature. Adaptive Cruise Control adjusts the vehicle’s speed to maintain a safe following distance from the car ahead, providing added convenience during highway driving.
Warranty coverage is an essential aspect to consider when purchasing a new vehicle, as it provides peace of mind and protection against potential issues.
Let’s compare the warranty packages offered by the 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson to see how they differ in terms of coverage and duration.
Ford Escape Warranty
Ford’s standard warranty package for the 2020 Escape is relatively basic compared to some of its competitors, including the Hyundai Tucson. The warranty coverage for the Ford Escape is as follows:
- Limited Warranty: The limited warranty covers the vehicle for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. This warranty provides coverage for various defects and issues that may arise during the initial ownership period.
- Powertrain Warranty: The powertrain warranty covers the Escape’s powertrain components, including the engine and transmission, for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. This coverage offers protection against mechanical failures and related issues within the specified mileage and time limit.
- Hybrid Component Warranty: For the Escape hybrid and plug-in hybrid models, Ford offers a separate warranty policy specifically for their electrified powertrains. This warranty provides up to 8 years or 100,000 miles of coverage for hybrid-related components.
- Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance: Ford does not offer complimentary scheduled maintenance for the 2020 Escape, meaning that routine maintenance services, such as oil changes and filter replacements, are the owner’s responsibility.
Hyundai Tucson Warranty
Hyundai and its sister company Kia are renowned for offering one of the most competitive warranty packages in the automotive industry. The warranty coverage for the 2020 Hyundai Tucson is as follows:
- Limited Warranty: The limited warranty covers the Tucson for 5 years or 60,000 miles, providing extended coverage compared to the Ford Escape’s limited warranty.
- Powertrain Warranty: The powertrain warranty for the Tucson extends up to an impressive 10 years or 100,000 miles, offering one of the longest powertrain coverages in the market.
- Complimentary Maintenance: Hyundai goes above and beyond by providing complimentary scheduled maintenance for the first 3 years or 36,000 miles of ownership. This offering surpasses many mainstream rivals, including Toyota, providing additional value to Tucson owners.
The specifications of a vehicle, including its engine size, transmission, horsepower, and torque, play a vital role in determining its performance and capabilities.
Let’s compare the specifications of the 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson to understand how they differ in terms of power and performance.
– Ford Escape Specifications
- Base Engine Size: The 2020 Ford Escape comes with a 1.5-liter inline 3-cylinder engine. The smaller engine size indicates a focus on fuel efficiency and agility.
- Transmission: The Escape is equipped with an 8-speed automatic transmission, providing smooth and efficient gear changes.
- Cylinders: The Ford Escape’s base engine features 3 cylinders, contributing to its compact and lightweight design.
- Base Engine Type: The base engine is powered by gasoline, making it suitable for drivers who prefer traditional fuel options.
- Horsepower: The 1.5-liter engine produces 180 horsepower, providing adequate power for daily driving and highway maneuvers.
- Torque: The engine generates 177 lb-ft of torque, contributing to the Escape’s responsiveness and acceleration.
- Valves: The 1.5-liter engine is equipped with 12 valves, allowing for precise control of air intake and exhaust flow.
- Cam Type: The engine features Double Overhead Cam (DOHC) technology, enhancing its performance and efficiency.
- Valve Timing: Variable valve timing allows for optimized engine performance across different driving conditions.
- Direct Injection: The engine comes standard with direct injection technology, which improves fuel efficiency and power delivery.
- Cylinder Deactivation: The Ford Escape is equipped with cylinder deactivation, which allows the engine to deactivate one cylinder under light load conditions to conserve fuel.
– Hyundai Tucson Specifications
- Base Engine Size: The 2020 Hyundai Tucson features a larger 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder engine, offering a balance of power and efficiency.
- Transmission: The Tucson is equipped with a 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, providing a smooth and customizable driving experience.
- Cylinders: The base engine of the Tucson comprises 4 cylinders, contributing to its overall power and performance capabilities.
- Base Engine Type: Like the Ford Escape, the base engine of the Hyundai Tucson runs on gasoline.
- Horsepower: The 2.0-liter engine generates 164 horsepower, providing sufficient power for daily driving needs.
- Torque: The engine produces 151 lb-ft of torque, offering adequate low-end power and responsiveness.
- Valves: Tucson’s engine features 16 valves, allowing for efficient air and fuel flow within the engine.
- Cam Type: Like the Escape, Tucson’s engine also utilizes Double Overhead Cam (DOHC) technology, contributing to its performance and efficiency.
- Valve Timing: Variable valve timing ensures optimized engine performance and efficiency across various driving conditions.
- Direct Injection: The engine comes standard with direct injection, promoting fuel efficiency and power output.
Read also: Ford Escape vs Toyota RAV4
Pros and Cons
The 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson are both popular choices in the compact crossover segment.
Each model comes with its own set of advantages and drawbacks, catering to different preferences and needs.
Let’s compare the pros and cons of both vehicles to help you make an informed decision.
– 2020 Ford Escape
- Roomy and Comfortable Seating: The Ford Escape offers ample space for passengers, providing a comfortable and pleasant ride, especially during long journeys.
- Smooth Ride Quality: With its well-tuned suspension, the Escape delivers a smooth and comfortable ride, ensuring a pleasant driving experience on various road surfaces.
- Easy-to-Use Controls: Ford’s user-friendly and intuitive control layout allows for the effortless operation of various vehicle functions, contributing to an overall enjoyable driving experience.
- Available Hybrid Powertrain: The Escape offers an available hybrid powertrain option that achieves around 40 mpg, providing impressive fuel efficiency for eco-conscious drivers.
- Transmission’s Abrupt and Noticeable Shifts: Some drivers may find the Escape’s transmission to have abrupt and noticeable shifts, which can detract from the overall driving experience.
- Lackluster Handling and Not Much Fun to Drive: While the Escape excels in ride comfort, its handling may not be as engaging or sporty as some competitors, making it less appealing for those seeking a dynamic driving experience.
– 2020 Hyundai Tucson
- Intuitive Infotainment: The Hyundai Tucson comes with an intuitive and user-friendly infotainment system, making it easy to access various entertainment and connectivity features.
- Solid Driving Dynamics: The Tucson’s driving dynamics offer a balanced and composed feel on the road, providing a confident and enjoyable driving experience.
- Clever, Luxurious Interior (on Higher Trims): The higher trim levels of the Tucson feature a cleverly designed and luxurious interior, creating a premium ambiance for occupants.
- Uncompetitive Fuel Economy: The Tucson’s fuel economy may not be as impressive as some of its competitors, making it less appealing for buyers prioritizing fuel efficiency.
- On the Slower Side of the Segment: Some drivers may find the Tucson’s acceleration to be on the slower side compared to more powerful rivals.
- Some Cheap-Feeling Interior Touchpoints: While the Tucson offers a luxurious interior on higher trims, some lower-grade materials may be used in certain areas, leading to a less premium feel in certain parts of the cabin.
Customer Reviews on the Compare Ford Escape vs Hyundai Tucson
Here are some customer reviews comparing the Ford Escape PHEV vs Hyundai Tucson PHEV:
“I recently purchased a 2020 Ford Escape and I am loving it! The ride is smooth and comfortable, and I appreciate the range of engine options available. The interior is sleek and modern, and the infotainment system is easy to use. Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase.” – Jonathan R.
“I test-drove several compact SUVs before ultimately choosing the 2020 Ford Escape. I was impressed by its handling and acceleration, as well as its fuel efficiency. The interior is spacious and comfortable, with plenty of legroom and cargo space. I would definitely recommend the Ford Escape to anyone in the market for a new SUV.” – Stephen W.
“I purchased a 2020 Hyundai Tucson and have been happy with my decision. The ride is smooth and the cabin is quiet, making for a comfortable driving experience. The infotainment system is easy to navigate and the safety features are impressive. I appreciate the affordable price point of the Tucson without sacrificing quality.” –Samuel E.
“After test driving both the Ford Escape and the Hyundai Tucson, I ultimately chose the Tucson for its comfortable ride and excellent value. The interior is well-designed and the infotainment system is intuitive. While the handling isn’t quite as sporty as the Ford Escape, the Tucson makes up for it with its smooth and reliable performance.” – Alexander Z.
Read also: Ford Escape PHEV vs RAV4 Prime
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is better Ford or Hyundai?
Both Ford and Hyundai are well-respected automakers that offer a range of high-quality vehicles. When it comes to the 2020 Ford Escape vs the 2020 Hyundai Tucson, there is no clear winner.
Both vehicles have their strengths and weaknesses, and the decision ultimately comes down to your personal preferences and needs.
If you’re looking for a more athletic driving experience and a wider range of engine options, the Ford Escape may be the better choice.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more affordable option with a smoother ride, the Hyundai Tucson may be the way to go.
Which Hyundai SUV compares to Ford Escape?
The Hyundai Tucson is the closest SUV in the Hyundai lineup to the Ford Escape. However, Hyundai also offers several other SUVs that may be worth considering, including the larger Santa Fe and the more luxurious Palisade.
Is 2020 a good year for Ford Escape?
The 2020 Ford Escape is generally considered to be a good year for the model. It offers a range of engine options, including hybrid and plug-in hybrid variants, as well as a modern and high-tech interior.
However, it’s important to note that some reviewers have criticized Escape’s infotainment system and lack of cargo space.
What are common problems with the 2020 Ford Escape?
Like any vehicle, the 2020 Ford Escape may experience some issues over time. Some common problems reported by owners include:
- Electrical issues
- Transmission problems
- Fuel system issues
- Engine problems
However, it’s worth noting that these issues are relatively rare and are covered under the Escape’s warranty.
How long will a 2020 Ford Escape last?
The 2020 Ford Escape is expected to last for many years if it is well-maintained. According to Kelley Blue Book, the average vehicle on the road today is over 11 years old.
With regular maintenance and care, the 2020 Ford Escape should be able to exceed this average lifespan.
However, it’s important to note that the lifespan of a vehicle can be affected by a range of factors, including driving habits, climate, and maintenance history.
It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and take care of any issues that arise as soon as possible in order to extend the life of your vehicle.
In conclusion, both the 2020 Ford Escape and the 2020 Hyundai Tucson offer commendable features and benefits that cater to various preferences.
The Ford Escape excels in its engine versatility and hybrid offerings, while the Hyundai Tucson impresses with its stylish design and generous warranty.
Ultimately, the choice between these two vehicles will depend on individual needs, preferences, and budget. It is recommended to conduct thorough research and test drives before making a final decision.
Whichever model you choose, both the Ford Escape and Hyundai Tucson are solid contenders in the competitive compact SUV segment.